THAILAND'S TOURIST VISA
Tourist Visa (TR) may be granted to short term visitors who intend to stay in Thailand for 60 days per trip or less.
Types of Tourist Visa and Validity:
- Single-Entry Tourist Visa: valid for entering Thailand once within 3 months from the date of application. The period of stay is 60 days maximum.
- Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa (enforced on 13 Nov 2015): valid for entering Thailand within 6 months from the date of application. The period of stay is 60 days maximum per stay. The Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa holder may enter Thailand again as long as the visa is still valid. Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa will only be granted to Singaporean nationals or Long-Term Pass Holder of Singapore.
Please check your eligibility to apply for visa at the Royal Thai Embassy, Singapore, at http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/instructions-for-visa-application
1. Visa Application form(s) and photograph(s): Completed and signed Visa Application form (click here to download) and recent photograph(s) (size 3.5x4.5 cm). Most applicants require to present 1 Visa Application form and 1 photograph, except nationals of the following countries:
- 2 application forms and 2 photographs: China (for Tourist Visa Only/Transit Visa applicants), Nigeria
-3 application forms and 3 photographs: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Cameroon,Chaina,(for Non-Immigraqnt Visa applicants Only),Cantral Africa Republic,Congo,Congo DRC,Egypt,Equatorial Guinea,Ghana,Guinea, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia,Libya, Nepal, North Korea,Pakistan, Palestine, Sao Tome and Principe,Saudi Arabia,Sierra Leone,Sri Lanka, -Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.
-4 application forms and 4 photographs: Iran
2. Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)
3. Travel tickets in and out of Thailand
4. Evidence of adequate finance
Single-Entry Tourist Visa: $1000 per person and $2000 per family
Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: $8,000 per person (6 months of financial statements)
5. Letter of Employment (compulsory for Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa applicants)
6. Evidence of accommodation booking (compulsory for Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa applicants)
7. Singapore’s Long-term pass: If applicable, a copy of the applicant’s long-term pass (e.g. Singapore Blue IC and Re-Entry Permit Form 7 (for Singapore’s Permanent Residents), Employment Pass, Personalised Employment Pass, S Pass, Work Permit, Entry pass, Training Employment Pass, Student Pass, Dependent Pass, Long Term Social Visit Pass, or Professional Visit Pass). The passes must also be valid for at least two months. If the pass validity is less than 2 months, a letter of explanation from the guarantor (e.g. employer/spouse’s employer) is required.
8. Application fee (Cash only in Singapore Dollars – Non-refundable):
Single-Entry Tourist Visa: S$50
Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: S$250
9. Other documents: as may be requested by Consular officers in addition to the documents above. Please note that Consular officers reserve the right to require additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice. The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right not to accept any visa application whereby any required document is absent.
If the above procedures are not completed, the official will not proceed with your application.
**The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to reject any visa application with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable**
ACMECS SINGLE VISA (for entering Thailand and Cambodia)
What is ACMECS Single Visa?
ACMECS Single Visa allows nationals of 35 countries* to enter both Thailand and Cambodia for the purpose of tourism, under the same visa, with single validity for each country. ACMECS Single Visa can be applied at Thai or Cambodia consulates/embassies, subject to pre-clearance from both sides. Visa fee collected at the point of application is similar to normal tourist visa fee of that country (tourist visa fee for application at the Royal Thai Embassy, Singapore, is SG$50), and additional fee, similar to normal tourist visa fee of the other country, will be collected at the international border checkpoint of the other country. ACMECS Single Visa allows applicants to save time for visa application process for both countries.
List of 35 Countries* of which their citizens can apply for ACMECS Single Visa
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bahrain, Canada, People’s Republic of China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, India, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Luxembourg , Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qatar, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America
Please note that citizens of India and the People’s Republic of China must have permanent residence status or long-term pass (valid for at least 6 months) for Singapore.
Similar to required documents for Thailand's tourist visa above.